What sealant for window well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Macman

Reaction score
My brother installed a hinged window well cover earlier this year. Where the cover meets the brick of the house he used clear silicone seal. A couple of weeks ago we discovered that the silicone seal did not adhere well to the brick and has pulled away. Before I attempt to seal this again, I'm wondering if anyone has any specific suggestions for a sealant or caulk that would adhere well to both the plastic window well cover and the brick.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
A masonry type caulk might work well and cleaning the surface before application of any caulk is the most important thing you can do...it must be bone dry when applied also...

Macman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Cass. Apparently the masonry caulks are made of polyurethane, which is a pretty aggressive sealant. If anything can stick to both the brick and the plastic, that would be it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks