(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Deepest rough-in out there?

Default Deepest rough-in out there?

I have tons of rough-in space behind an outlet installed in concrete. My constraint is room *in front* of the toilet. A guy at Home Depot said they used to be able to order a 17" rough-in toilet, but not anymore.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an extremely deep rough-in toilet? Specifically, one with the waste port very close to the front of the base and not just with a bigger tank to take up space behind the unit. The Toto Unifit seems like a good option, but I only see 14" max.

Thanks!

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

I've never heard of a rough-in larger than 14". Lots of luck...time to tear up some concrete.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Don't let the thought of breaking out some concrete talk you into keeping the set up you have. Break it out, change the drain to give yourself a 12" rough in. You might want to hire a professional concrete cutting company to do the concrete removal, they will be fast and more importantly, clean. I would also suggest a professional plumber to deal with positioning the and installing the flange.