Where can I find a nice floor drain strainer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
My basement has a rectangular drain under the door. It has a horrible plastic strainer.

I have seen beautiful brass drain strainers (Zurn) on commercial sites but do not know where to source one of these.

Any ideas?

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Try google?

The brass drains are made for commercial use, typically, and are expensive!

Sometimes the cover only fits the drain in which case you'll be out of luck.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
A plumbing supply house should be able to source them, but as mentioned above, some strainers are specific to the mfr's drain body.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
strainer

What do you want? A strainer, (the piece that fastens with a few bolts), to fit your body, or a new top for your floor drain body? What is your floor drain made of? THere are companies that make replacement strainers for most plastic floor drains. Brass strainers are company specific and you have to know the manufactrurer, and sometimes the model number for a replacement part.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Thanks. I just wanted the top. It's a plastic drain and part of me was hoping these thing came in standard widths (lengths I could deal with by cutting).

My current strainer is grey plastic. I like shiney brass. Zurn do a lovely one.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cover

A plumbing supply that deals with "Trim to the Trade" or Brasstech should be able to get what you need. They make various colored parts for drains from all the major brands.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks