Copper Bus Bars Humm

Users who are viewing this thread

nasir mehmood

Reaction score
There are 5 cubicals installed which are main Incomer, Phase Correction, Sync1, Sync 2 and ATS from right to left in one row. Copper Bus Bars of 1600 Amps 3P+N and E are running in them. when load reaches upto 800Amps they sounds/ humm very loudely while the Neutral Bus is also grounded separately with 2x70 mm2 single core copper PVC cable.

How this humm can removed/corrected?
Why Humm?

Attachments

• Cubicals in row.jpg
    Cubicals in row.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 269
  • Phase Correction.jpg
    Phase Correction.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 302

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
How this humm can removed/corrected?
Why Humm?
The bars are moving for the same reason that a motor moves. You have to clamp them down, possibly in several places.
You are probably not on the right forum for this kind of question.
If this equipment fails or is abused, buildings may be destroyed.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I don't think some of these countries value human life very highly.
I've seen posts from offshore OPs asking how to wire megawatt systems. It was obvious from the questions that they didn't have the least idea what they were doing.

In this country they throw money at the problem. Other places, people.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This would be funny if it weren't true: I was talking to an apt. manager who was going to epoxy paint his tubs. I asked him if he had suitable respirators for the work, and he said: " No, I have Mexicans". He was serious.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks