Bathroom and Kitchen sink Dains slow and girgles

Users who are viewing this thread

nthpokt

Reaction score
I have a bathroom sink and a kitchen sink that drains really slow and girgles.I've tried several different solutions and cleaners but nothing works for very long.I should mention the the plumbing in this house was new in 1940.Is this the main reason and I have to live with it or is there a good cleaner or home remedy I can use?.......Thanks,Rick

D'Brie

Apprentice Plumber
Reaction score
You may want to consider having your pipes snaked. Lots of junk can build up over time and (in my opinion) none of the over the shelf "Drain-O" products seem to work, not to mention it's bad for the environment and the person working on your pipes. Call a licensed plumber in your area he/she will be a big help.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It could be a drain needs to be snaked or possibly the line is so clogged it needs to be replaced...another possibility is a vent is blocked...with 1940s plumbing it should be galvanized drain pipe...I have had to replace those drains many times because the build up was so hard it could not be removed OR once the gunk was removed the bottom of the drain started leaking because it was rusted out....Just FYI...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks