Pump house insulation

Users who are viewing this thread

tlarson

Reaction score
I have a 12' X 12' pump house with an roof that has a 10/12 pitch. The roof starts at 8' high so there is a lot of head room. When it's been insulated in the past with fiberglass insulation the mice nest in the insulation and make a terrible mess.

Any suggestions on what insulation that I can use on the walls and roof that might be a bit more vermin resistant? The walls are presently open and framed with 2x4 studs, as are the rafters.

There is a wall mounted electric heater that keeps the temp above 32F, but I'd like to add insulation so that the electric bill is reduced a bit during very cold weather.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
A good carpenter could make your pumphouse mouse tight.This would also cut the electric bill.......Upper

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks