Non-removeable lavatory drain popup

Users who are viewing this thread

Smhowell

Reaction score
I'd never seen a non-removeable metal pop up drain plug in a lavatory until I moved into my current house. The sink is a wall mount, circa 1960's. Every house I'd lived in before had either no drain plug (used a rubber one) or a metal removeable drain plug which was part of the sink hardware, which could be take out so you could clean out hair and unclog the sink.

My current setup is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen, and I want to avoid getting another non-removeable sink plug. Are these things common?

I will probably be mail ordering my faucet and hardware, and currently plan to go with Delta. Does Delta have any hardware with this design flaw? How can I be sure to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Sharon

Plumguy

Reaction score
Most Delta lav faucet stoppers are plastic and can be installed with the pop-up rod going thru it so it doesn't remove unless you remove the rod. Or you can install the stopper so that by a simple twist it can be removed for cleaning. But, that is explained in the literature and should be common knowledge for you're plumber.

Smhowell

Reaction score
Appreciate the info, Plumguy, thanks.

There's a whole world of things that my husband and I couldn't get done if it weren't for this board and the willingness of its members and Terry to share knowledge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks