Slow draining lav without overflow

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Hello Folks!

We used your site extensively during construction of our house and found it MOST helpful!

I think I recall some information or discussion about bathroom sinks without an overflow drain on this website. We have 3 of the obnoxious fixtures. Do you have suggestions on how to get them to drain, besides sticking a drinking straw into the drain to let the air out? I seem to recall someone saying there is a device that can be attached below the sink to basically act as an air escape (like an overflow). Can you give us any helpful information to correct this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Marian R

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Hi Marian,
A little late on the answer, but here is a video explaining what happens when there is no overflow on a vessel sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks