Back Issues, continued.......

Users who are viewing this thread

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Blew my back out again.
Word to the wise: If you mess up your back and then get it fixed, don't, under any circumstances, try to show a 17 y.o. how to swing a pick axe. :mad:

Going back in for another round of traction. :eek:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's amazing how many things you think you can do and later find out that you can't. It aint easy getting old. :mad:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Dr Johanna Hoeller

I prefer NUCCA for back treatment.

At 57 I was batting cleanup for my softball team this year.

Here's a video that the local television station did on my doctor.

King 5 Video

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Interesting video. I'm going in for Vax-D http://www.vax-d.com/ which my nuerosurgeon thinks is witch doctory but it worked for me the first time. I think my nuerosurgeon just wants a chance to cut into me.

Peter, my main doctor had the same comment about getting old.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think my neurosurgeon just wants a chance to cut into me.

I think surgeons like cutting.
When I go the U of W Hospital, I see a lot of crooked doctors and nurses walking the hallways.

I will be going in for a different type of surgery soon myself, but not for the back.

I have two types of chiropractors, one in Seattle for the neck and back,

https://nucca.org/

and a second in Kenmore for ankles, wrists and shoulders.

And I'm open to other methods too as I learn about them.

Last December I was told my blood pressure was getting too high,
So I reduced the amount of beef I was eating, started eating more fish and chicken, took a fish oil capsule a day, and now I'm down to a normal blood pressure range of 118 over 80

My chiropractor for the neck? It's been five months since I've seen her.
I went two years one time, and would have been longer except for the thumping I took at Sandy Beach in Hawaii.
It's not nice when a twelve foot wave pounds you into the sand.

I'm looking forward to ski season coming up.

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I was doing great and that was the problem. I forgot I shouldn't be doing stuff like swinging pickaxes...

This is a kick in the pants that I need to start excercising and stretching.
Hopefully it'll turn into a habit once I'm able to.

Cookie

Reaction score
Walking is good but be careful on the roads, I got hit in the eye once with a rock when a car sped by. My back was better but I couldn't see. :)

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Years ago when I whacked my back out I had to mow my lawn. I really had to mow it, we had a brief dry spell (2 days) in between 3 weeks of daily rain. The lawn was overgrown as it was and I couldn't imagine waiting another week or two. Somehow, mowing the lawn fixed my back - I've tried and failed at replicating that ever since.

Now I don't even mow my own lawn and haven't had a mower in the garage for years.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Wouldn't The Bowels of Hell be a little warmer than what I've got here.

Currently in Fort Myers (8:58 PM)
85 F
Feels like 93 F
Humidity: 70%

Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass. :D

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
OH come on up, it's warm here too. I'll even buy you a beer when you're done with the back 40 :D

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I'm better today....then again I'm also on good old pharmacutical stuff.
My brother's pushing me to get rid of my (small) gut and get back into shape. That should also hold off the knife happy surgeon for a while. Good a time as any.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Ah vicoden the working mans little helper :D

The doc warned me that the vicoden will mask the pain and the pain is the body's way of warning us. I asked him if he had any herniated discs (I've got two) to which he responded "no". I told him vicoden only makes the pain more tolerable, doesn't really mask it.

He wrote me an additional prescription. Percocet. :D That does a decent job of masking the pain. Only problem is that stuff makes me itch and sweat like a mofo but I feel good.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Matt, that is an allergic reaction .... I hope you don't mind me saying this. I am just concerned when I read it.

Mild reaction, I've always had the same reaction to codine. The doc knows it and isn't concerned and I've had codine for various things over the years. I appreciate the concern but don't sweat it, I'll take care of the sweating part. :p It's also a bonus, I couldn't stand to be hooked on the stuff.

I had a friend with back issues get hooked on the pills, with no insurance it led him to find pills on the street and eventually he got into herion. He was a really great guy too. Shame his father passed away without seeing his son get clean.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Vic's don't cause me any problem but perc's make me sick as a dog. I'll tell you what though, there are days that without the vic's there is no way in hell I could get out of bed my back hurts so bad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks