Gas hot water heater, problem

Users who are viewing this thread

tommyo

Reaction score
Ok I soldered a leak on the one zone valve, this system has 2 zones , one circulator,(I bled system) I fired the furnace back up, the water heats inside to 200f and pressure is about 17psi , I get no heat through the pipes up or down zone, (I even tried leaving zones manually open). does this mean that the circulator is bad, everything else seems to be working fine, damper, evrything eletric seems good, the thermostats triger the sytem, just no heat, I am really baffled, any help greatly appriciated.:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think you probably have an air lock. Need to bleed the high points.

tommyo

Reaction score

I checked all high points, there are no bleeders anywhere on top floor, it has an automatic air bleeder on top,

Msgale

Reaction score
you might have a slow-operating or non-operating automatic bleeder.
If you can work fast, you might be able to replace it with a manual bleeder, and that may be all you need to do

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
If you have no vents then you must have a loop system and the system needs to be purged. If you can post a picture of your boiler and piping I can walk you through it, or you can call a plumber.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks