posi-temp valve and new trim

Users who are viewing this thread

emmersmom1950

Reaction score
hello- can anyone tell me if i can use the moen asceri shower and body spray jets with the posi-temp valve? If not, is there any part that will convert my valve so i can use it? Als, can I put asceri trim only on a roman tub with posi-temp valve? I cannot get to valve on tub, but am going to re-tile shower so I will have access to valve. Hubby will not solder, but i might be able to talk him into an easy connection. can anyone help? thx a bunch, sue (p.s.-please be kind and talk simple as i know nothing)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are two types of antiscald technology available for showers: pressure balance and thermstatic (and some combine the two). Either should work. the consideration for any valve, doesn't matter the type, is to ensure you get one big enough to supply the desired load without restricting the flow, and not being able to provide the desired impact. This normally isn't a problem unless you have a lot of heads you need to supply. A 1/2" typical valve can flow about 5-6 gpm. If your shower heads need more, then you need a 3/4" valve, and 3/4" lines coming into it, so that may be the bigger problem.

When making changes in your plumbing, it is rare when at least some soldering is not required. Maybe it's time to call in a plumber...

Soldering isn't all that hard if you have any handy gene at all. Buy some fittings, a hunk of pipe and the required cutting, and soldering tools and practice a little. It's a handy skill to have, and doesn't take all that long to learn. While not quite the same thing, it takes about 10 hours to train a new person and certify them for electronic soldering to mil-spec abilities. Soldering pipe is a lot less exacting.

emmersmom1950

Reaction score
hi- can you explain a little simpler? I just want to know if the moen asceri trim can fit or can be made to fit on my existing posi-temp valve, both on roman tub and shower. (chateau trim is installed now). valve is about 8 years old. i am not doing any of the work, hubby will ne installing whatever i buy, i just know from MANY years of married experience that the job has to be simple for hubby or I will not be very popular with him for a while. does installing a jetted shower system fall in the easy category?thx in advance, sue

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Post a picture of the existing valve you have. Once that is identified, you can then tell if any other trim will fit.

What you are proposing (adding shower heads and a new tub) is not, likely, a simple change. If your hubby doesn't feel comfortable, then it's time for a pro. Just changing the trim, if the new stuff will fit, probably is easy - it often is just unscrew the old, then install the new.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks