Budget toilet choices

Users who are viewing this thread

avalon

Reaction score
I need to replace two toilets in my condo but my budget is tiny. I've priced Totos locally and two Daltons are more than my mortgage payment (a small mortgage but it 's attached to a smaller space). What are my best options at Lowes? If I buy at Lowes, what parts do I need to upgrade right away and with what? All help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
That's a no-brainer.

An Amercian Standard Cadet 3 is what you need.

Check it's OK in the box before you buy it. They can get knocked while shipping to the store
To max it out check this out. Although you can quite easily keep the stock fill valve because that is actually very good, I would recommend a replacement Korky flapper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My best toilet for a bargain is the Toto Dalton CST733F
It's works better then the Kohler Cimarron and for less money.

cst733f-01.jpg

Toto Dalton installed by Terry Love, $374.00
Comfort height, elongated bowl

Kohler Cimarron installed by Lowes, $541.00
Comfort height, elongated bowl

And the Dalton will outperform the Cimarron, have better bowl wash, and be free of defects, unlike the Kohler Cimarron.

And just for a joke, when I was at Home Depot today looking for a new tool box, I saw a Cadet 3 bowl in the isle.
No matter which way I turned it, it wobbled back and forth.
I'm still laughing.
It wasn't leaning like the picture below, but it was pretty wobbly.

attachment.php

American Standard Cadet 3 elongated bowl with a built in lean.
For going around corners?

Last edited:

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
If you go with the Cadet 3 buy it at a plumbing supply. The service and the product will be much better.

John

Cookie

Reaction score
What is really funny is when I got my Cimarron put in the plumber bought it, brought it and installed it. To this day, I still don't know where he bought it at, or how much he paid for it. My problem is my floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks