wanting to move toilet over a few feet

Users who are viewing this thread

tjetson

Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone give me some advice on moving this toilet rough in to the location that is in green. I will be eliminating the one thats in red.
The angle of the back water valve is throwing me off.

thanks alot

3997649177_6f421d91fd.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'll need to chip out more concrete...if you angle it in the way you've shown, you'll have constant clogs...the pipe needs to angle into the flow, not away from it.

tjetson

Reaction score
You'll need to chip out more concrete...if you angle it in the way you've shown, you'll have constant clogs...the pipe needs to angle into the flow, not away from it.

so what you are saying is chip out more concrete and move the back water valve further back so i can get a better angle to bring up a new 90 for the tiolet?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes...but verify with the pros...The way you have it drawn, you'd be trying to force the flush upstream...it would have to stop and then turn around, which won't work well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, that is the most confusing setup for plumbing I have ever seen.
I think the plumbers here don't even want to comment, it's that bad.

Waste should run downhill, with gradual bends if any at all.

Dcelite

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.merchantcircle.com
You will still need a vent for the new toilet. If you change that 3" wye to a double wye, you can put a 45 on it to create a combo towards the new toilet and then add whichever bend will direct it towards the new location (60,45,22). But, you'll need a vent. Maybe a picture of the whole room would help.

DC

tjetson

Reaction score
I decided to hire a plumber to fix this.

He shows up about 30 minutes late, comes in cuts out the back water valve and hits the water supply pipe. water is shooting everywhere We call the city to shut off the water supply they come in about 15 minutes he says he is going to goto Home Depot to grab some parts to fix it.

he turns his cell phone off and does not come back. he also left a sawzall and some other fittings

what a day !

tjetson

Reaction score
here is what i ended up going with. I was told i cannot go more then a 180 degree change on the pipe

i used 1 90 a 22 and a 45

4007754286_ccdfc178e8.jpg

here is where the evil plumber hacked my water line on my thanks giving dinner day. The girls on my family LOOOOVED cooking dinner with no running water or sewer

4006987677_4d09cb4618.jpg

tjetson

Reaction score
How do these guys sleep at night?

thanks for the advice, the battery died on my camera on the last picture i took but the stack is about 7 feet away and the main stack for the house is about 12 feet away from the pictures

tjetson

Reaction score
no plumbers have any comments on what we did? would like you to hear what you think

thanks alot

Dcelite

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.merchantcircle.com
I don't see a vent in there. Maybe it's the photo angle.
Also, it looks like you have an extra 90. Could you have just pointed a 60 or 45 or even a 90, straight at your riser instead of going around the backside?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Who soldered that fitting?

I would only use a pack joint to repair that underground water pipe...Soldering is not allowed in some places and others require Silver bearing solder...brazing is very good...it also looks kinked or something...and I would wrap the pipe so it does not come in contact with the pea gravel..

Can I buy the sawzall from you...:)

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipes

Why does the bend point backwards before turning to the right and going to the main. And that "second" turn going to the right looks like an impossibly "short" turn. You have created one of the most convoluted toilet drains I have ever seen, (the dimesion is actually 135 degrees not 180 and it is for special conditions only), and it does not have a vent. Under floor copper lines CANNOT be soft soldered, and if they are they CAN pull apart or leak in the future. From your description, you did NOT have a plumber, you had a handyman doing plumbing.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks