moving faucets and showerheads

Users who are viewing this thread

jasuga42

Reaction score
My shower is made of acryllic. But I'm removing that so that it can be tiled. For more space in the shower I need to move the faucet and shower head to a different wall without having to dig into the foundation. I got a $1416.00 quote from a plumber to move the plumbing back about 8 inches for more space. So I figured it would be less expensive to just reroute the lines to another wall. Is that possible? The shower enclosure is more long than wide and I'd like to move the fixtures to another wall without having to move the plumbing within the foundation. Will that be possible?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
lines

Absolutely NO WAY to tell without seeing where, and how, the water lines are now. It is possible that even $1,400 is not enough if they come through the concrete floor and are not arranged under the floor so they can be easily moved to the new location, or if there are more water lines than just the ones for the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks