(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red water residue question

I think you just took what I said, the wrong way there Mr. NH MASTER.... I read the article thank you.

BUT, on a good note, I gave my girlfriend a call, she is the neighboring vet here and she said, pretty much they experience it there in the kennels and people, just like me call her and ask the same question regarding this being harmful to their pets.

She told me to do essentially what I just did, move the bowls, move the coffee maker from such a warm source of heat and it will stop. I am pretty sure this is the case before, so, all is well.

I found my own solution and backed it up with a pro. I should had thought of calling her this morning before I posted, so this is finished, thank you.

well that's fantastic, problem solved.

Isn't it...

You said it was didn't you?

and I said it was finished. But, you like to have the last word, right? lol.
    go head...

No, just happy your problem is solved. woops, that might be the last word might it? Sorry

Yes Cookie it is an airborne bacteria. I've had the same problem with dog water bowls, AFAIK, it's harmless, although I didn't read that link.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Well, it may be, but it also, comes from too much heat. I think one of the posters mentioned he had a customer in summer complain of it, hence, the summer heat. For me, it is like my good friend said, the furnace heat blowing on it. So, I just simply moved it from the vent and problem solved. As, I said, I think I had this once before and I am pretty sure I was moving stuff around in the kitchen and had moved the bowls and the coffee maker was already on the other side away from the vent.

So, like Sharon, the Vet, said, and I am repeating, if anyone has this problem to try to move the stuff, bowls etc from a window where the sun pours in, a heating vent, etc.

She said, she had to redo her kennels because of this problem. If not taken care of it can cause illness but, simply move from a heat source.

I will let you know in a couple days, a few days if it goes away and doesn't come back.

UPDATE: No more evidence of the red/pink water.

Thanks for the responses.
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-09-2009 at 11:04 PM.