Delta shower temp control handle leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

sbrackin

Reaction score
I have a Delta 2324-LHP shower faucet.
Its about 10 yrs old and I can't find any parts information on it at the Delta website or anywhere else on the web. This model has a separate volume control and temperature control and the temp control is leaking. Its also called a Monitor/Scald guard. After removing the handle and a couple of fittings, I am down to a plastic bulb that the stem sticks out of the middle. The plastic bulb has sprunk a small leak on the side and its spraying behind the shower wall. I am trying to find out how to remove and replace that bulb and where to find a replacement part. I am including a picture of this. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• leaking faucet.jpg
    leaking faucet.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 12,123

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I have a Delta 2324-LHP shower faucet.
Its about 10 yrs old and I can't find any parts information on it at the Delta website or anywhere else on the web. This model has a separate volume control and temperature control and the temp control is leaking. Its also called a Monitor/Scald guard. After removing the handle and a couple of fittings, I am down to a plastic bulb that the stem sticks out of the middle. The plastic bulb has sprunk a small leak on the side and its spraying behind the shower wall. I am trying to find out how to remove and replace that bulb and where to find a replacement part. I am including a picture of this. Thanks in advance.

The Delta 2324 faucet is a two handle shower faucet. I don't think that is what you have. Can you show a picture of the hole faucet?

John

sbrackin

Reaction score
I believe I have the 2 handle 2324-LHP because I have the original plumbing supply list from when we build the house 10 yrs ago and its listed there. Its always possible something was changed that I didn't know about. Here is a picture of both handles. The leak seems to be getting worse all the time so any help you can give me on how to remove and replace this part is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2 handles.jpg
    2 handles.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 10,058
  • full setup.jpg
    full setup.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 7,218

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I must admit I had never seen that model...pressure balanced, 2 handle configuration. A lot of folks would like to be able to find one of those today, but they are not widely available.

Surprisingly, google brings up some internet site offering the valves for sale, less handles. I strongly recommend getting one. Delta does not recognize this model on their part support website, which probably means they no longer support it. I have a 2004 Delta parts catalog, and it is not even in that. Since it was probably a limited production model, after market parts may not exist. Buying a whole new valve would give you parts to keep yours going for a while.

Last edited:

sbrackin

Reaction score
That's a great idea but when I went out and clicked on those links, the ones I found were re-directing you to a website called Dealyard.com. That website says "this item is no longer available". Are the anymore ideas that I might try? What would be my alternative is this thing really is obsolete?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I found a parts diagram of your model ( 2300 series ). At least you now can have the Delta Rp part number. I don't know if they are available from Delta, but they may be around somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

sbrackin

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, the problem is now solved. I found the RP26755 at a local parts supply house. It had been on the shelve for a while so I guess I got lucky. The one I replaced it with is brass, they told me that Delta stopped making the plastic one because of leak issues.

ZENYO

Reaction score
Hi Jimbo,

Do you by any chance still have this diagram. The sleeve assembly for my 2300 series faucet has a leek, I have the part number for that but there are a couple other parts that I would like to replcae just a preventitive. It would very helpfull.

Thanks,

dave_tiller

Reaction score
Delta

I recently bought a house that was built in 2006 and it seems to have the same Delta 2300 series faucet. I'm not 100% sure how the separate water pressure and temperature control works, but all we get out of it is scalding hot water. You can't adjust it with cool water at all. How do I go about figuring out what is wrong with this? Does the sleeve assembly adjust the water temp?

Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks