(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's on your bucket list?

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You guys are against a plumbing code that is the same everywhere?

I know people don't like change, I'm used to plumbing the same way myself, and when they discuss code changes I start to worry that it will degrade the goal we have been trying to achieve.

But it does seem like a good idea, to have some consistency.

I am only against it if it became madatory through the feds...if it was adopted by each individual State and they kept their independence that would be fine....

Bengals game is starting....

Previous member

The problem as I see it is because the economy is so crappy, some guys are having to pull up stakes and head where the work is. Or maybe they just want to the out of the cold climate. Why should a guy that's held a Master license have to go through the whole process all over again? Right now, it's because of all the differing codes.

As for states rights, they have been slowly annexed ever since the civil war ended, bit by bit. Be honest now, how many real rights do any of the states really have when the fed holds all the purse strings? That's why we have the fed mucking about in education, transportation, health care and just about any thing else they feel like they need to control. Instead of mandating what they want, they withhold funding. No child left behind is a classic example. If the schools don't meet federal standards then the school district has its funds withheld along with other punitive actions. States rights are a joke and then again the way things are going so are personal liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    We have federal gun laws, drug and alcohol laws, labor laws, education laws. What's the big deal
    While we do have the ATF, etc. MOST laws governing firearms, alcohol, education, even labor. etc. are STATE laws. Compare gun carry laws between for example texas and NY. Even in CA, OPEN CARRY of an unloaded gun is legal. The local police do not like that much, and you can expect to be checked to make sure you are unloaded, but it IS legal.

Another example , on a labor situation: In California, anything over 8 hours in one day is OT. And if your company provides vacation time, that is vested. You cannot lose it. It carries over from year to year, and if you leave or get canned, you are paid off. In TX, by comparison, you can work up to 10 hours in a day, and OT is only paid once you go over 40 on the week. Vacation is use it or lose it. It goes away on Jan. 1.

Previous member

OK Jimbo, but what's on your bucket list?

Thread was beginning to get hi jacked with that ugly old politics thing that always tests the friendship of man.

Previous member

Now that's a happy baby.

I would definitely be traveling a lot, doing both site seeing and helping people out. I was in Haiti last January doing relief work. I would love to go back.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I've taken two weeks off work on vacation. I've decided to spend it doing what I like most...plumbing and electrical.

Journeyman & Gas Fitter Doherty Plumbing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    It has to be a sports car.
    I'd also like to smoke a lot of weed just one last time with my old best friend, like when we were kids.
    Come to BC!