Saniflo...Plumbing Code?

Users who are viewing this thread

S-NXT

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this forum, and I am looking for some help.
I am a homeowner and I recently submitted some plans into my local building department for review. The project entails a basement bathroom where I would like to use the Saniflo Sanigrind sewage waste pump. The building department says that the unit is not approved for use in the state of Illinois. However, I have read on the internet that others from Illinois have installed them. Saniflo also has dealers in the state of Illinois, and a Saniflo article of an installer from Illinois who highly recommends this product. My question is, does the Illinois Plumbing Code state which products are acceptable/legal, and where can I find this information; in order to select the required/legal waste pump system.

Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Most jurisdiction accept products which carry an approval from IAPMO. Your area may require some other approval. And a toilet, for example, could be IAPMO listed, but that system not allowed. Your local building department and inspectors should be able to explain. Also , the code book. I don't know what code IL runs on.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
saniflo

Being for sale in an area, and even being used by consumers, does not make it an approved unit. Call your SaniFlo distributor and ask if it has passed the approval process, and if so to submit the required paperwork to your building department.

Kate Mulgrew

Reaction score
I resurrecting this 10-year-old thread to ask if anyone knows if Saniflo macerating toilets are still a code violation in Illinois. The device I'm considering is IAMPO listed and the catalog says that it meets all universal plumbing codes. Is listed different from approved? Does Illinois keep their own list of approved devices? Where would I find this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks