Low Water Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

KarrieMI

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone can Help me?

I just bought a home on a foreclosure sale Anyways! It's been vacant for 7 years and I tried to use the water outside this past weekend and noticed that I dont have really any water pressure and then I went inside and noticed the same thing!? So what now? I'm not going to lie I dont know the first thing about what I should do? Do I call a plumber or do I try to do something myself? :confused:

I was wondering if someone could tell me about draining a hot water tank also? Sorry I have alot of questions any advice in real laymens terms would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

KarrieMI :)

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
K,

This is one of those times to call around and see who your friends like/use for plumbing . It might not be cheap,,,but it sure sounds like it would be worth it.
Cal

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As far as pressure, if you are on city water, the house pressure regulator probably got gummed up from sitting 7 years.

To drain the water heater, you connect a hose to the drain, and open a hot water tap inside the house to prevent vacuum on the system . Open the drain valve and away you go. Now, here is the first place you may run into a problem which will be common throughout the house: (1) the drain valve may be stuck. (2) the valve may be gummed up with sediment and not allow water to drain. (3) if you get past 1 and 2, the valve may not close properly again due to gunk in the system.

KarrieMI

Reaction score
thanks

Hi I am on city water and I will remember to include that next time! Ok well I'm going to try these things on my own and if they dont work it looks like it's Plumber time! :D

thanks again

KarrieMI

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks