Installed new shower head, now no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

maldives

Reaction score
My husband removed the old plastic shower head in our shower, and replaced it with a nice metal one, which looks great.... but now we've lost our hot water!
It is barely lukewarm, even when the cold tap is completely off.

Both the sink and the bathtub in the same bathroom still have hot water.
The only way to get hot water running in the shower, is to have the bathtub tap turned on and running at the same time.

Any ideas??

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Replacing the shower head and the problem you are having should have nothing in common....

To test this remove the shower head and run the shower and see what happens....

maldives

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

I will try that.

Sorry, I should also have mentioned that both hot and cold taps in the shower were also replaced.
Could the problem be coming from the taps??

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Was the valve installed in the correct position...most have an arrow showing the up position...

Beyond that it could be solder jambing the balancing spool or other debris problems...

Some valves have small shutoffs built into the valve...if yours has these be sure they are open...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks