Sulfer Rotten Egg smell after running water....

Users who are viewing this thread

87vertgt

Reaction score
Thanx for looking guys ;)

So there hasnt been water running for about 6 weeks.....so I am hoping the smell will go away soon?
:confused:

87vertgt

Reaction score
so i looked into this and it appears my new water boiler is the culprit...i was told to swap out the existing aluminum rod for a magnisem rod.....i did...but i compared the two and it appears that my water boiler came with a magisem rod from the factory...what do you think?

BUFF016.jpg

BUFF015.jpg

cougfan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Usually they come in magnesium from the man.Two different styles in the photo also,are you installing two of them?You should also drain the tank and get as much of the deposits out of it as possible and even pull the boiler drain to flush out the big chunks.

cougfan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You don't want an aluminum anode rod only as that will smell to high heaven you need an aluminum/zinc one and the zinc is the key ingredient.The other cure is to put a couple pints of hydrogen peroxide in the tank and flush it out that will cure the problem until the next time the tank sits for a while.

cougfan

In the Trades
Reaction score
thought the old one didn't seem to have much wear,try a plumbing supply house if they don't have one they can order it,also they need to be changed every few years so buy a couple extra and flush the tank yearly and it'll last alot longer

87vertgt

Reaction score
i'am having a hard time finding the Zinc bar....I am gonna just remove the bar thats in there right now...then order the zinc bar and install it when ever it comes in...

Also, I will try Superclorineation

anyone have sucess with this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks