Where would I put chlorine?

Users who are viewing this thread

tkeoki

Reaction score
I need to disinfect our well. I've attached a picture of the top of the well housing and am wondering where I would enter the disinfectant? If you need addt'l pictures from a different angle, let me know--thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN3411b.JPG
    DSCN3411b.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 379

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I think you need to remove some of teh dirt and see is you can find the sanitary seal and casing. Then it looks like you'll have to pull the pump some to get bleach water down the well.

If you have galvanized pipe down the well, you may not be able to this without a pump hoist truck.

Why are you doing this, bacteria contamination? If so, most times shocking a well won't get rid of the problem on a permanent basis.

tkeoki

Reaction score
I think the sanitary seal is in the picture; just hard to see, I'll get a better picture this morning.

Well, I'm still going to get confirmation, but I think I might have some sulfur-reducing bacteria as I get a slow buildup of black slimy goo in the toilet tanks, and when guests come over they say they can detect a very faint sulfur smell when water comes from the tap or when they take a shower(I think I'm used to the smell 'cause I can't smell anything). If the water sits for a period of time, the smell goes away.

I was going to look into maybe using some chemicals from Cotey chemicals instead of using the traditional bleach method.

The only test results I've gotten thus far all show good quality, but I need to do some additional tests. i.e. Manganese, Sulfates, Chlorides, Hydrogen Sulfide.

From a pool shop:
PH: 7.04
Calcium Hardness: 102
Total Alkilinity: 171
Cyanuric Acid: 8
Copper: 0
Iron: 0

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks