Shameless plug & request for feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You need something a little more on the homepage.

Perhaps an about Virginia, or something like that. Make that first page useful rather than just for links.

Dorrough

Reaction score
Beautiful!

Your site is beautiful. I am very impressed! The only comment I would offer is that the gallery page is very slow to load, due to the large number of graphic files. It displays the scroll bar, and then there is a gap of nearly a minute before anything else comes up. I'm on fast DSL here, so it would be worse for the many people still on dial-up. You worry that people will see the blank page, think there is a problem with the site, or just decide they don't want to wait. I would suggest adding a line of text that welcomes them, explains what they are going to see and why it is worth waiting for, or asks them to wait just a bit while the many images load, so you don't lose anyone. I didn't go into check the individual image sizes - I assume that you have generates small jpegs from the large files and only load the large files when someone clicks on the thumbnail? If not, that would really speed up the loading.

Congratulations - not just on the site - your work is LOVELY.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks