Disconnects:

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There seems to be a new fad?? for kids or someone to steal the pull-outs. Can't be much money in it.

Before I start running around.....are those pull-outs generic, or do you have to match the make and model of the disconnect box??

Billy_Bob

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well isn't that special!

This could be a royal pain for someone to say the least! I suppose if it is an older panel, the customer might not find a replacement at all and might need to replace the panel!

Or maybe have to order one and it might take a couple of days with hunting it down, ordering, and then overnight shipping. So that's a day or two without power.

I've not looked at these closely, but as I recall, they are different. Might want to take a picture of the socket and also measure it (and get make/model/amperage of panel). Then hit the local stores and see if you get lucky...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
They are not generic, but may be interchangeable within a given manufacturer. Time to sell a padlock with every pullout you replace.

Good point. Are there code rules which would prohibit locking the disconnect?

Ford2001

Reaction score
Just a picture test ignore

60.JPG

This has been a test of a test hope you like the picture
showing wires bundle together. My count was 17 cable

Attachments

• Pond Meadow Two I.D.  Home Runs 060.jpg
    Pond Meadow Two I.D. Home Runs 060.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 246

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you ignored his test pictures, ignore my response.:rolleyes:

There are hundreds of thousands of installations in my area from the 50's thru current times that have every cable in the house "bundled" together where they enter the panel thru a single KO. I have done more than my share of service changes and have never seen any problem due to "bundling".

Norcal01

Reaction score
If you ignored his test pictures, ignore my response.:rolleyes:

There are hundreds of thousands of installations in my area from the 50's thru current times that have every cable in the house "bundled" together where they enter the panel thru a single KO. I have done more than my share of service changes and have never seen any problem due to "bundling".

In a residential setting I agree, but it is a code violation never the less....

Since the thread is about pullout discos, & the OP is worried about losing the pullout because of kids/vandals , just use a UV resistant Ty-Wrap to minimize tampering.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks