Pex in Block Construction

Users who are viewing this thread

bigwooo

Reaction score
I plan to install Uponor pex fittings, pipe, and manifolds using a home run system. I'm building in Mexico where there are no PEX experts, myself included.

The floor and ceiling will be concrete. Walls 8" block. I have a couple of questions/need advice:

1. From what I understand Pex can be poured directly into concrete, but it will need sleeving and 90 degree supports when it transitions out of the concrete. What type of sleeving should I use? I can't find any on the pex supply sites.

2. The pex supply to the shower valves/heads and up to the second story will be run through the concrete floor, then up through a hollow cell in the cinder block to the second story. I can't determine what to use to secure the pex inside the block cell (that can be attached to the block within the limited space available to work inside the cell), any suggestions?

3. Should I sleeve the pex in the hollow cell of the concrete block to protect it from the rough surface?

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
1. Uponor makes concrete sleeves, just download their catalog and find what you need.

2. You will not be able to secure the tubing to anything inside the cinderblock easily/frequently enough to do it properly

3. Yes, you should protect the tubing runs inside the cinder block as they will be rubbing the inside because they are not secured.

bigwooo

Reaction score
The thin tubular poly sleeving used with copper lines should be all you need for your sleeving purposes.

Thanks,

Didn't know that stuff existed until I looked it up. MUCH less expensive than buying the pre-sleeved pex.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks