Aquia III for 11.5" rough-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
I'm all set to order the Toto Aquia III but I need to know for sure if it will work with my 11.5" rough-in. I've scanned all the posts and the general sense I get is "probably" but I need more assurance than that.

Also -- my water supply valve is 4.5" from the center of the toilet in one bathroom, 6.75" from the center of the toilet in the other. Is this going to pose a problem with the Aquia's skirt?

If the Aquia can't work, I'm going with the Caroma 270 -- is the splash issue really that bad? One post claimed that there was feces on the seat -- surely that is an aberration, Caroma could not have released a toilet that let waste eject out of the bowl?

Thank you.

TOTO Aquia posts

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
11.5 works for the Aquia III,
I think your supplies will be fine for the Aquia.

Yes, all Caroma toilets splash some out of the bowl.
Lot's of commercial bathrooms do too.
I notice that when I go out, the toilet flushes, and I get sprayed on the leg. Sweet!
Mainly American Standard and Kohler do that.

The Caroma is pretty splashy.
I've been selling them for years, but not very many now that there are other choices.
I sell a lot of the Aquia.
The water doesn't splash out of the bowl.

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Terry -- your site is invaluable.

Last question -- my wife is much shorter than I (I'm 6'6", she's 5'3") and is concerned about having such a tall toilet (the Aquia III) in her bathroom -- would the Aquia II work with the 11.5" rough-in and her 6.75" water supply placement?

Thanks again.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Think of it this way, the seat of an ADA toilet is still lower than a typical kitchen chair. Ask her if she's ever used a handicapped stall in a restaurant or other facility. It's not like it's tall, it's just not as short as typical toilets. Being as tall as you are, your knees will prefer it, and it's easier to sit down and get back up. For her, it shouldn't be a problem, but maybe set up a box or something at the same height she can do a test sit on.

Adenwork2

Reaction score
Non plumber here with an Aquia II and new flange installed by a licensed bonded plumber. Unfortunately, the newly installed flange of regular painted steel [not stainless] is on the wood floor, below the cerramic tile of the new floor. I did not know any better when it was installed by a plumber. You hope that plumbers know plumbing better than the buyer, but not so here.

Measured my Aquia II. If the water supply valve is more than 6" to the right of the toilet center, should be ok.

Or if not, if the entire supply valve including handle is more than 3" from centerline and 3"-9" above the floor and of average length about 4" sticking out of the wall, it should be ok but the water hose might bend sharply or need some odd routing.

If the water supply valve is at the centerline with valve open enough to use and sticks out less than 3.5", still might be OK. Or a plumber could move the supply.

But you may want to measure the real thing to be sure. The reason is that there is space behind the Aquia II even at the centerline that most toilets do not have.
My main issue is the small water spot, and the plumber who installed the new flange.
Bowl streaks by stool are a greater possibility if the water does not cover the area where stool hits.

Spec sheet pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks