Testing for Radon in Water

Users who are viewing this thread

New Home Owner

Reaction score
My husband and I recently purchased a home, 26 years old, and are in the process of fixing it up. It has been suggested that we test for radon in the well and will do this. My question is who is the most reliable source to take the water sample to? Are there certifications that we should be looking for? I am not interested in a water purification system. Thank you for your suggestions.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You take a properly collected water sample to a lab, or have a radon treatment dealer take it.

If you find too much radon in the water, you will end up wanting treatment equipment but it won't be a "purification system". There is no such thing as "pure" water. The best man can do is 18 megohm DI water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks