Aquadis parts source?

Users who are viewing this thread

JMThomas

Reaction score
I need to find a replacement ceramic cartridge for a Aquadis roman tub faucet.

While theoretically it's available direct from Aquadis, their customer service leaves lots to be desired. So, I'm looking for a second source.

FWIW, the results of my research:

• Many people advertise Aquadis on the internet, but none sell parts.
  • Worse yet, the part number for the cartridge (X-000-H12) given on the parts sheet isn't found in any catalog. The picture for RP-BA12HOT on the Aquadis web site does looks like what I've got.
  • Internet search for the two part numbers above give no hits.
  • Homewerks says they have an Aquasource brand faucet that uses the Aqudis cartridge but gives no ordering information about it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

JMThomas

Reaction score
Got the part from Aquadis

Don't know why someone would think Indianapolis is in Canada.... :confused:

After visiting the local supply houses, it looks like Aquadis is the only source. Reluctantly, I called them again.

This time, I didn't get the heavy push back about their product always leaving the factory in perfect condition therefore warranty claims just were not possible. And no demand for receipt or threat of requiring the return of the defective part for inspection.

Dave tried to find a replacement stem locally (i.e. in Indianapolis) and when we couldn't, he sent a hot plus (an unneeded) cold stem next day delivery, no questions ask. His phone manor reinforced the saying about how friendly Canadians can be.

28speedster

Reaction score
I live in Canada and Aquadis is the only source I could find for cartridges. Service was not what I call good. They operate on Eastern time which is awkward if you live in the west. Calls were not returned. The excuse given was time zone differences. When I reached customer service I was immediately put on hold for almost 3 minutes on a non toll free long distance line. We then played 20 questions as none of their product numbers seemed to mean anything to them. It was the type of handle and base that finally gave it away. I was charged $10.00 each for 2 cartridges and $16.00 freight = $36.00. Shipping was promised in a few days.

Same request to Moen was through a toll free 1-800 number, part identification was instant. They sent two new cartridges plus 8 spring and seal sets at no charge by mail the same day (postmarked) and postage was pre paid, also known as free.

As to being in Canada and dropping in there are 3.5 million square miles between me and them in Quebec or 2547.62 miles one way.

Breezehome

Reaction score
I see this thread was started a long time ago. I wish I had seen it back then. But I wanted to weigh-in here. I was relieved to see these posts about Aquadis having terrible costumer service, not having a clue as to what item numbers fit their parts (why bother!?) and for being all around low grade. I am SO frustrated with this company and I have learned a lesson for buying a condo with their products. NEVER AGAIN!! My issue is toilet seats. I cant find one to fit properly and they only sell plastic crap seats that break. For a lot of money I might add. This company sucks SO bad, it's like the scam operation of bathroom fixtures!! Currently in 2013, they're catalog features a bunch of young people with tattoo's which makes them even more pathetic since they need to sell their fixtures by featuring naked sexy people (who are not sexy to some) instead of featuring their product and quality of service. I would warn everyone to NOT get Aquadis products ever!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; They sent two new cartridges plus 8 spring and seal sets at no charge by mail the same day (

Moen is making some "unique" new faucets, but so far, I have not seen any which have springs and seals like Delta faucets.

house59

Reaction score
I would like to second Breezehome's warning about Aquadis. I had two Aquadis faucets installed by the previous home owner (I believe they came with cheap big box store vanities) and both failed. The internal parts are all cheap plastic and eventually the insides crack and spray everywhere. The first one started spraying one night, I noticed all the threads and internal parts were plastic. Replaced it with a Moen. The second one had plastic on the inside hidden with a brass threaded sleeve so that it looked like brass so I thought it was OK. Big mistake. It leaked several months later, causing lots of damage and a large insurance claim. If you have an Aquadis faucet in your home replace them with a reputable brand immediately.

bartusis

Reaction score
Let me add my own two cents about Aquadis. We had the chrome finish coming off just one area of an Aquadis bathroom faucet. Aquadis said their "lifetime" finish warranty doesn't cover "corrosion" (and I guess they consider water corrosive!), and this was "normal wear and tear." The company does not honor their warranty. Plus, since they're in Canada, if you live in the US, you can't use services such as the BBB. Avoid this company.

GarryDL

Reaction score
Aquadis ceramic cartridge was repaired by replacing the original rubber seal with two rubber o-rings. It was a slow drip and the disk appeared to be in good condition. The issue I noticed was that the original rubber seal did not protrude beyond the metal shell. The cartridge disk measured 5/8 inch. The metal shell steps out; such that the seal is a little wider than the disk. Found an 11/16 inch outside diameter o-ring fit snuggly. The 0-rings used is 3/32 inch thick; so it took two the get the new thickness wanted. So the second ring does not fall out upon installation; super glue the rings together.

Good Luck,

GarryDL

Gordon Gibson

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove this seat from my Aquadis (I believe it's the TY350?) toilet?

My best guess is to find an allen key to try and see what happens when I unscrew that piece on the inside of the hinge, but I'm really not sure

IMG_5970.JPG
IMG_5969.JPG
IMG_5968.JPG

Valeria

Reaction score
I see this is an old thread too, but I am trying to find a replacement for my one-piece Aquadis toilet - I need a flush valve assembly for a one piece toilet, approximately two inch flush hole. Not having any luck finding anything - anyone have suggestions of where to look?

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks