No water, help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
In my home I have water flowing from cold faucet in all restrooms,& kitchen. there is NO WATER flow through the hot side. I made sure that water valves were all on under sinks, still NO WATER coming through. What is causing this? And what can I do to check that water-heater is correctly.:confused:

jdgoodman

Journeyman Plumber
Reaction score
Make sure the cold water valve above your water heater is turned on. Do you have galvanized steel water piping in your home? If so the hot water piping tends to clog up with debris more than the cold but even when its bad you usally get a little hot water out of a fucet or two.

Reaction score
No water, HELP!!

Thanks "good-man" Yes, cold water valve on top is def. on. Not sure about the galvanized steel plumbing, I got No water coming through hot water valves at all, anywhere . Does this mean my water heater is bad? Or how can I check to see if my heater is clogged with debris?? Can I unclog it???Help Please.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's possible there are some steel nipples (short steel threaded pipes) going into and/or out of the WH. If these get old, they can clog up with rust. ALso, if they are a heat trap, some versions have a ball in them that gets stuck and can stop the flow. So, if you have cold, and the valve is open to the WH, it's probably something like that. Now, can you fix it...maybe, maybe not. We don't know what is really wrong, or your skill level and tools, or how your system is installed and with what parts.

Reaction score
If you open the drain valve at the water heater with the supply valve open you should get a forceful flow (assuming that sediment doesn't seal it off.) Have you tried that? If it is not flowing there then you aren't getting water to the heater and should shut off the gas or electric to it until you have this sorted out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks