What brand of faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Smhowell

Reaction score
Am working on the first of two bathroom remodels. So far, I bought a 36" marble topped, bow-front vanity with sink, but the faucet and hardware are not included. The sink is drilled on 8" or widespread three hole installation.

I read in one book that you should use a name-brand in cast brass for the faucet. What are the best brands/models? Are there any brands or types to avoid? I'm doing the remodel to suit myself (not for resale) but I'm still on a budget here. I don't plan to remodel it again. If I can get significant discounts on quality goods by using last year's fashions, it wouldn't bother me a bit, but I'd like to try to get everything to look compatible or at least not mismatched.

This author recommended brushed nickle as the most durable/least troublesome finish.

I will be using a Toto Ultramax toilet, the handle of which is kinda chrome or thereabouts. Can I get a replacement handle in a different finish? Or should I plan to match the handle?

Thanks and regards,
Sharon

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I believe polished chrome is the most durable and easiest to clean finish. The PB and BN finishes today are usually PVD, and I do believe that is very durable as well. You will pay up for any finish other than chrome, just like you pay up on appliances for anything but white.

Brands you will get a million opinions. I and a lot of others will suggest that a very widely used brand like Am. Std, Delta, PricePfister, Moen will be easiest to service and get parts. Very few people will ever say anything bad about Delta. I personally have also had good experiences with Am. Std and don't like PP so well. Others will have the reverse opinion. Find a faucet you like. You have to look at it! And if you go with an exotic brand realize there could be hassles down the road. I always recommend to buy 2 and keep one for spares. Not everyone agrees with this tact. Just offering my opinions.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
DELTA, Hands down. NO CONTEST

The best you can install is DELTA

if you want a wide spread , they are simply the best.

Delta is the best. Hands down...no contest. and good forever.

go to their web site and look for yourself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont wast your time looking at all the other junk that is out there.....

buy anything else and it will jsut come back to

haunt you in two years or less.

Pricefisters are total junk, avoid them at all costs.

American standard faucets are not too relaible either,
Whenever I get a close out on a ton of faucets and their are
AM st in the lot, I usually just give them away for a few bucks
to a hardware store down the street just to avoid troubles.

Moen are ok, but they feel cheap and chinzey..... and they
are almost impossible to get the handles off of them after
they are installed for a while.....
I have a dozen of them to get rid of on display boxes
and I cant even figure out hot get the damn handles off of them..
they are a pain in the ass

Dont even talk about Kohler, they are junk too.

I should start a show-room with all the homeless faucets I have laying
around my office.....dateing back to the late 70s and early 80s.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks