Oil fired boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Paso One

Reaction score
I am installing a small oil fired boiler Benjamin OB1000 90,000 btu in my shop. Is there any reason I shoudn't use the brand new type b vent pipe for the chimney that I have just sitting there??
The manual says to use L type venting. Whats the differance between the two pipes.

MAoilTech

Reaction score
Follow your state and local Codes if it tells you to use type L use it there is a reason.
Type L vents are suitable for use with gas or oil. They can be used instead of a B vent, but a B vent can't be used instead of an L vent. In most cases, L vents are used with oil. Again, this is typically a double wall vent with an air space between. The inner wall is typically stainless steel and the outer wall is galvanized. Type L vents normally see temperatures of under 750F. Type L vents are tested for up to 1,000F.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks