No H2O out refill tube--comes from base of valve so tank fills too slowly/H2O in ball

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristi Rose

Reaction score
I was attempting to fix a water-laden ball which I assume was causing the toilet to run ('still didn't get the water out of it, but -- no cracks -- it just needs a new seal) however, since my first test flush, water no longer comes from the refill tube. Instead, it comes from the bottom of the valve along with some even noisier air bubbles, so I not only failed to fix it, but broke something else in the process. :eek: Plus, the tank now takes an excessively loong time to fill. It still works -- once it's filled -- but here's hoping no one needs to use it right after someone else does... :D

I'm in the middle of moving out. Is there a quick fix -- one that will be fair to the new owners -- or am I destined to be gutting again?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks