cold water pressure in faucet slower than hot water!

Users who are viewing this thread

m3gtr

Reaction score
I changed my bathroom faucet. Once I turned the shut off valve on the pressure as perfect! A few hours later the cold water pressure is extremely slower than the hot water. What could be the problem? Both cold and hot pressure in tub and shower are fine. I never had this problem with my old faucet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might have washed loose some crud in the line or the washer in the shut-off valve might have broken up (assuming you didn't replace that as well - always a good idea 1/4-turn ball valves are good).

Jay Mpls

Master plumber
Reaction score
Pull the supply lines loose from the faucet and see if the pressure is good there.
(Get a bucket and spray them into it.)
If these are good you have the above mentioned crud problem.

Last edited:

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I have/had this problem with one of my new faucets, the cause for me was that the faucet was a widespread faucet and the handles and spout were connected to each other via stainless braided hoses that have one loop.

The cold water one "kinked" and caused low pressure out of that side, if u reached under and unkinked it the pressure increased 10x.

Might be the same since I know the stainless between handles is typical if u have a 2 handle widespread setup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks