Need Help with New Toto Models

Users who are viewing this thread

SAS

Reaction score
Six years ago I purchased and installed 2 Toto Drake ADA compliant toilets. The only time either one overflowed was when the line from the house to the septic system needed to be cleared. So needless to say, we are generally well pleased with the purchase. The only thing I do not like is that the bowl needs to be cleaned more frequently than I would like (practically every time there is solid waste in it).

So now I need to replace another old toilet in the house and I am trying to figure out which of the new Toto models would work best. I could go with the old 1.6 gallon Drake with CEFIONTECT in the hope that the added glazing would improve its ability to wash down waste. Or I could go with the 1.28 gallon Drake II with CEFIONTECT and the Double Cyclone flushing system. Or would I do better with the Ultramax II? I like the appearance of the one piece unit but do wonder about ease of installation (as I generally wind up doing them by myself and it would seem that the one piece units could be awkward to handle). The one thing I don't want to fiddle with is the Unifit connector.

So can anyone give me a sense of how the new units compare to the old Drake?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Since 1992 there has been less water to rinse with.

The CEFIONTECT models help with that.
I've been selling a few of the Drake II and the Ultramax II with CEFIONTECT.

[video=youtube;Xn9_zctMge0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn9_zctMge0[/video]

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks