my pump won't turn off

Users who are viewing this thread

amacbabe

Reaction score
I realized about a month ago I had a leaky faucet. One day I went to use my outside water faucet from my well and there was no water.
I did some research and realized I need to pre-prime the pump by adding more water back the opposite way.
My well is only about 7 feet deep- I have 1/2 hp Goulds pump above ground with a Wet-Flo Pre-Pressure water System tank.
After I put more water back in the system I turn on the pump and tuned on some of faucets which were flowing again. The only problem was the pump never turned off- The pressure was about 50-60psi and the pumps continue to be on and also get supper hot-
Don't know if the shut off for the pressure guage is not working or what- please help.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Your pressure switch is not working. either because the contacts have welded themselves together or because the pipe and or tube that connects it to the system is plugged with crap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks