Porcher Pomezia?

Users who are viewing this thread

myladyfae

Reaction score
I'm having alot of trouble finding any MaPs ratings, reviews, or other imput on the Porcher Pomezia round front toilet...positive or negative! This particular one is shorter than most of the Toto units I've seen, which would be great for our teensy tiny bathroom. Obviously though, I don't want to get something that isn't going to work properly!

My fallback would be the Toto Dartmouth which I know is recommended, but I'd lose 2 inches in both width and depth...that may not sound like alot but could make the difference between being able to mount a medicine cabinet or not!

Does anyone have any experience or has seen any resources on the Pomezia? This is the spec sheet: http://www.porcher-us.com/pdfs/porcher/specsheet/SpecSheet_1519.pdf

any help would be apreciated! I have a sudden and unexpected emergency remodel on my hands, so I'm in the unenviable position of rushing a full brand new bathroom!

Attachments

• porcher_pomezia.jpg
    porcher_pomezia.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 302
Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Porcher seems to be a European made product. There is a current thread dealing with repairs on Porcher that you may want to review. It seems that owners like them, but when repairs are needed, parts are difficult to find and, when they are found, require special know-how to install. For those reasons, I would be very hesitant in buying a Porcher toilet.

myladyfae

Reaction score
thanks gary. The repair thread seemed to be focussed on the veneto, which seemed like a very different style of toilet! I did find a dealer that sold them and toto yesterday and he said that they aren't really great at flushing. He suggested the toto promenade and I guess I didnt HATE it....

if only form and function could meet! lol

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Before you purchase, why not look over some of the other Toto toilets. Terry's Report linked on the homepage of this forum has a description of most of the Toto line although the Promenade is not on the list. You just may find a model that you like better. I can tell you that any Toto will perform well so function is not a problem. The problem comes in deciding things like elongated or round bowl, standard or ADA height, color, one piece or two, how much can I afford to pay, and other variables. You can rest assured that when the time comes to replace a part or two they are readily available and inexpensive.

myladyfae

Reaction score
Heh, I feel like I've been staring at toilets for weeks! Unfortunately, one of my biggest problems has really been size...I need to have a round front toilet that is no more than 27 deep and 20 wide. I've found that most of the toto models recommended (at least those that would look ok in a cape style bath) do not come in the round bowl front :(

i did see when searching that the prominade was recently re-engineered I think with the gmax flushing system.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I didn't mean to imply that the Prominade was a poor choice, only that Toto has a number of toilet models and that there might be one that suited your needs even better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks