(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Push-on valve question

Default Push-on valve question

I am in the process of purchasing a home. One repair the seller has done was to put a new valve on the master bathroom sink. She had a push-on valve installed (most likely "Keeney" brand from Lowes) and I found that the entire valve is able rotate. Is this normal for push-on fittings by design and most specifically this brand? I found a video showing SharkBite brand push-on fittings and they specifically say they are able to rotate but the installation videos for Keeney's products don't specifically say this.

Default valve

ANY pushon fitting will rotate because there is nothing to prevent it. Removing them, however, can be difficult.

Thanks. I will let the seller know. We became a bit alarmed by it, fearing it was going to come off under pressure eventually or something. I'm not worried about removal. It should be good for at least 10-15 years now since it's a brand new valve. I'll worry about removal when the time comes.

That kind claims to be pretty easy though. You remove a metal clip, hold the valve still and pull the nut toward you and it's supposed to then pull right off. To put it back on, you put the clip on again and just push it back on the pipe.