(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Classic Fanned Flue Gas Boiler SE18 FF

DIY Junior Member

Default Classic Fanned Flue Gas Boiler SE18 FF

Hi,

Im trying to get my council to fit a shower pump in for me but there saying because of the type of boiler ive got it cant be done for some reason The boiler ive got is a "Ideal Classic Fanned Flue Gas Boiler SE18 FF", can someone on this forum let me know if a shower pump can or cannot be fitted with the boiler ive got.

My hot water tank is high up so im assuming ive got a gravity fed system,

I would really appreciate your advice for my query

Thank you

Balraj

Finally a question directed to Flamefix, where is he now?

Please help out your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by balraj View Post
    Hi,

Im trying to get my council to fit a shower pump in for me but there saying because of the type of boiler ive got it cant be done for some reason The boiler ive got is a "Ideal Classic Fanned Flue Gas Boiler SE18 FF", can someone on this forum let me know if a shower pump can or cannot be fitted with the boiler ive got.

My hot water tank is high up so im assuming ive got a gravity fed system,

I would really appreciate your advice for my query

Thank you

Balraj
    hi,

you wont have a hot water tank you would have a hot water cylinder this is normally located in an airing cupboard. The cylinder could be pressurised or it could open vented. In the Loft space you'll have at least one tank the cold water storage tank there may be a second smaller approx 14"*14"*16". If you have both your system is open vented both on heating and hot water. If you only have a larger tank then you probably have a sealed system but open vented hot water, and yes this would be gravity fed.
    If you don't have any tanks you could still have an open vented cylinder but this would be a Fortic type cylinder which is a cylinder directly above another.

You'll need to determine which system you have.

This is a manual for your boiler http://www.idealboilers.com/docs/pdf..._sl_manual.pdf
    page 10 onwards explains about the systems it can connect to.

Re the pumped hot water. It should be possible to connect a pump as long as the pump wont exceed the ability for the tank to refill from the main water supply. If it does the pump could run dry and shut down.

Why not get a quote from a local plumber and then put it to your council and see what they say. The boiler is reheating a cylinder indirectly or the water is indirectly heated from a cylinder as in the case of a Gledhill thermal store (boilermate). But either way the draw off may exceed the ability for the boiler to recover the cylinder but that won't cause a problem except that you'll run out of hot water until the cylinder has recovered.

Hope that helps.
    Gas, Oil, solar and renewable service and installation in Devon UK- Please note my advice is not based on USA regulations as I am UK resident. Therefore I will try to avoid posting where confusion may be caused or make that clear.
    http://www.flamefix.co.uk