Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
This explains a lot:

Shoe-plumber.jpg

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We show up within 15 minutes of every appointment. If we can not make it or are delayed the office always calls and re-schedules.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Yeah, I got to agree with HJ. The phone company must not know how to use a phone, I think. Sears has stuck with the 8-hour window ever since I placed my first service call in 19-ought-64 or so. I don't know how they stay in business. Somebody who's good with image-editing software could probably change the cartoon to a more appropriate profession...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Rarely do I have an electrican, plumber or any contractor arrive on time.

UPS arrived early, but that was only once and before the time they had actually given me which could have caused problems anyway.

But as kids we are taught not to have these expectations, so it should come as little surprise.

I mean, when was the last time you heard of a superhero who was a plumber, electrician or builder? The answer is never, because they would always show up too late to save the day.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Ian, where do you get those cartoons from?

In google, I search "electrician"+gif

or "plumber"+gif

and then select the images tab at the top of the Google page.

To move, they must be animated gifs hence the search for a gif.

I'll run out of these little guys soon if I ain't careful.

I am really sorry but I cannot resist:

Shoe-Doc.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks