2 Piece Gwenyth vs 1 Piece

Users who are viewing this thread

tesla

Reaction score
Prefer 1 piece but a couple of things are holding me back....price and Map rating. Terry states that anything over 500 Map is overkill but the 1 piece is rated at 500 which is at the minimum recommendation. The 2 piece is rated at 800 which to me means that it will never clog unless some foreign object is put down there. Also, some have mentioned that one advantage of the 1 piece is that there will never be a leak between the tank and the bowl. Are leaks a concern or problem with 2 piece Toto's? Regarding the 1.28 gpf, some have mentioned a smaller water spot. What is the concern with that? Is it correct to assume that the water spot enlarges if you convert this to 1.6 gpf? Finally, I currently have 3 Universal Rundle toilets manufactured in 1994 that clog fairly often. What kind of improvement can I expect?

Thanks for any help.

Barry

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either one will work better then what you have.
I've been using the 1-piece Gwyneth for a year.

It's now called the Ultramax II

Water spot between 1.28 and 1.6 is the same now.

ms604_angle_seat.jpg

TOTO Gwyneth MS604114CEFG Made in USA
Video of performance

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I agree with Terry. I bought 2 Gwyneths (one-piece) based on his advice that differences between MaP scores are irrelevant, as long as the scores are 500 or higher. Have had no trouble with these toilets. I really like the sleek look of the one-piece models.

Here's a look at one of mine, from a different perspective.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 257
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks