Toto Dalton vs Jacuzzi Perfecta

Users who are viewing this thread

sandsonik

Reaction score
LOL, I've scanned this forum enough already to predict the answer - Toto, right?

Here's the deal. I wish I could afford the G-max Toto Drake right now, but I can't and it really doesn't suit my needs anyway. I need a round bowl (or an unusually short elongated one) with a comfort height seat. This toilet is for a 1/2 bath the size of a closet in an older house!

I've read some dissing of the Jacuzzi Perfecta here, but seen some good reviews elsewhere - except it sounds like they've had some problems with the tank bolts in the past?

I guess I'd like some information for why the Dalton would be better, if you think it is, or just what's so bad about the Perfecta? It's got a 1000 MAP rating and a wider flush valve than the Dalton. Does anyone have anything good to say about it at all? Which one would be better for bowl cleanse? Or is the general consensus that ANY Toto is better than any Jacuzzi?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Reports on the Jacuzzi indicate they are Chinese made without much quality control. They're cheap and that's why Big Box Stores sell them. The 1000 MAP rating is useless, anything over 500 is meaningless and they use stuff wrapped in plastic for those tests anyway. If price is your main consideration, and if you are willing to live with frequent clogs and poor flushing, then go for it. Buy cheap, get cheap. Yes, most of the regulars on this forum tout the Toto, but remember, many of these guys are professional plumbers that install toilets for a living. They hate having to go back to deal with a poor performing toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
MaP ratings are not quality ratings, or bowl rinsing ratings, or customer ratings.

They only test one thing,

And many "highly" rated toilets in the MaP test are junk.

It's like saying your Gatorade is really really Red.

Not everyone even likes Gatorade, much less really really red Gatorade.

My reviews are based on homeowner and plumber input and satisfaction.

My brothers are all different sizes, from 5'10 to 6'3
But I'm the good looking one.

Just kidding.

Having bolt problems between tank and bowl can mean more work and floor damage for some.
The last Jacuzzi I removed for someone, the tank handle was rubbing against the tank, and we couldn't' fix it.
It had a good MaP rating, but it didn't work in the home.
Like I said, it doesn't tell you if the parts fail, or stick, or rinse, or if parts are available.
Many of the home center toilets don't have parts.
I can always get parts for Toto at Lowes, Not Home Depot.
Home Depot doesn't even carry parts for their toilets.
Pegasus parts? forget it!

Last edited:

organic_smallhome

Reaction score
LOL, I've scanned this forum enough already to predict the answer - Toto, right?

Here's the deal. I wish I could afford the G-max Toto Drake right now, but I can't and it really doesn't suit my needs anyway. I need a round bowl (or an unusually short elongated one) with a comfort height seat. This toilet is for a 1/2 bath the size of a closet in an older house!

I've read some dissing of the Jacuzzi Perfecta here, but seen some good reviews elsewhere - except it sounds like they've had some problems with the tank bolts in the past?

I guess I'd like some information for why the Dalton would be better, if you think it is, or just what's so bad about the Perfecta? It's got a 1000 MAP rating and a wider flush valve than the Dalton. Does anyone have anything good to say about it at all? Which one would be better for bowl cleanse? Or is the general consensus that ANY Toto is better than any Jacuzzi?

We just had the Dalton installed yesterday--round bowl, ADA height. We would have preferred the Promenade, but--like you--we couldn't afford it at the moment. We've had the Dalton only one day, but it seems like a solid little toilet. Really comfortable, too. Our plumber thinks it's solid, and we're happy with it.

sandsonik

Reaction score
We just had the Dalton installed yesterday--round bowl, ADA height. We would have preferred the Promenade, but--like you--we couldn't afford it at the moment. We've had the Dalton only one day, but it seems like a solid little toilet. Really comfortable, too. Our plumber thinks it's solid, and we're happy with it.

That's good to hear. I just bought mine yesterday and will be picking it up tomorrow. It's going to be a bit longer before I can install it though - still painting the bathroom, and my plumber aka "Dad" will be out of town all week!

I've re-installed toilets after tiling and there was nothing particularly tricky about it, but this will be the first time I've had to start from scratch and bolt one together. Do you know if there's anything in particular that's different about a Toto installation that I should know about?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry recommends sanding around the bolt holes inside the tank before bolting the tank to the bowl. This will knock off any high spots that might prevent a perfect seal. It probably isn't necessary in most cases, but it's a quick and easy insurance. Then when setting the toilet, put in in place on the flange without a wax ring to make sure the floor is level and the toilet will set solidly. Use your body weight to press the toilet into the wax ring (just a plain ring, no funnel) until the toilet is firmly on the floor. The flange bolts are not used to pull the toilet down, just to hold it in place. The nuts should be just snugged down. To hold the flange bolt upright when setting the toilet over them, you can use extra nuts to tighten them to the flange, there is plenty of room under the toilet for them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks