Experience with Toto Eco Supreme Round?

Users who are viewing this thread

bilofsky

Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions on the performance of the Toto Eco Supreme RF MS863113 (round bowl).

We installed an Eco UltraMax RF in one bathroom and it performs superbly. Now we want to upgrade the other bathroom. Problem is, the banjo in that bathroom is about 3/4" lower and there's not enough height for the UltraMax.

My concern is that the Eco Supreme RF is one of the few Totos not tested for Map score. So I'm not sure whether to trust that it will perform as well as the other E-Max toilets.

Any advice?

bilofsky

Reaction score
Yeah, it is WaterSense so at least 350 grams. But it doesn't actually list a MaP rating, just says it wasn't measured for maximum performance. The UltraMax EL and Supreme EL both rate 500. The UltraMax RF rates 550, so if logic applied, the Supreme RF should rate 550 also. But that's not the way it works ...

Last edited:

bilofsky

Reaction score
Terry, do you (or anyone else) know how high the water level is in the EcoSupreme tank?

In the Eco UltraMax it's about 4" from the top of the tank (with the lid off, of course).

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you understand that all of the water in the tank is not released when the toilet is flushed? The extra height provide a bit more pressure to make the flush work better. By holding the handle down, you can release the entire tankful, but it is seldom necessary to do so. I'm pretty sure the water level is where it is supposed to be. I can understand your concern about the flushing ability of the toilet, after all we are all familiar with the terrible performance of the first generation of low flow toilets so it's hard not to be skeptical of promises of high performance with such a small amount of water. But this is one time you can believe the hype!

bilofsky

Reaction score
I am asking about the height of the water in the Eco Supreme tank precisely because I want to know about the "bit more pressure" given by the height in comparison to the UltraMax.

Yes, I know that all the water is not released when flushed but it can be. That is one of the nice things about the UltraMax flushing system.

What I'm trying to figure out is, how much of the UltraMax's good performance is lost when the Supreme gives away 4" in tank height. If the water is closer to the top of the tank in the Supreme than in the UltraMax, then the performance will be more similar.

Last edited:

Adenwork2

Reaction score
Some measurements on a Supreme round front not Eco

My not eco Supreme round front is 21 7/8 inches high at the tank from the floor with cover removed. Water in tank is 2 1/4 to 2 3/8 from the top with cover removed. Not exact measurement. The cover is attached to the tank at the back and barely opens before hitting the wall. So the tape measure is not exactly vertical. The water is about 7 1/2 inches deep in the tank. Have not measured how low water gets when it flushes.

Made in Vietnam. Has not clogged since installed last year. Flush usually good. Flush sometimes not quite 100% clear if stool is very loose. Bowl water is getting the dome effect. Like the water level overnight is higher in the middle than side of bowl. Maybe the flapper is seeping. Never used any toilet tablets or anything in the tank. Water is softener treated.

bilofsky

Reaction score
Thanks for that information. It's very helpful.

By my arithmetic, the water level in my Eco UltraMax is about 1 1/4" higher off the floor than the level in your Eco Supreme.

I was worried that the Supreme, being 3 5/8" lower overall than the UltraMax, would have a lot less flush pressure. But the difference in the actual water level is about a third of the height difference.

BTW - the specified height of the UltraMax, with lid, is supposed to be 27 1/8". However my UltraMax is 27 7/8" high, and the one at the distributor that I was going to buy was 27 3/4". That's the only reason I need to get the low profile Supreme. If the UltraMax was really 27 1/8" high, it would fit where I need it to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks