(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Anyone make a Dual Flush in a Traditional Style?

DIY Junior Member

Default Anyone make a Dual Flush in a Traditional Style?

Hey all,

I've been wanting to replace my high volume flush toilet for a while now and thoughts of my aging septic system are making me want a good dual flush toilet more and more. Problem is I can't find anyone that makes one in a traditional style. I was liking all the good press the Toto's are getting and Terry's testing/reviews are great, but Toto's toilets would look a little out of place in my house. I need something made for a Victorian/English country house.

Any suggestions? Bear in mind, I absolutely despise things that don't work well.

You might want to examine the Toto Dartmouth. It is functionally quite similar to the Drake, but the styling may be a bit more like what you are looking for. Aside from that, I think you have to realize that toilets that appear "old fashioned" are not items in high demand therefore your not likely to find much.

DIY Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swart View Post
    You might want to examine the Toto Dartmouth. It is functionally quite similar to the Drake, but the styling may be a bit more like what you are looking for. Aside from that, I think you have to realize that toilets that appear "old fashioned" are not items in high demand therefore your not likely to find much.
    In my market, they are in high demand. That ultra contemporary, European look has long since gotten old around here and, irregardless, would look totally out of place in an old house that has maintained it's traditional styling.

In this case, the Dartmouth would be reasonable in it's appearance, but again, I'm looking for a Dual Flush.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The average water usage of a dual flush is 1.28 gallons.

Caroma makes a traditional looking dual flush.
    Their round bowl will be the same length as a Toto elongated bowl.

Other ways to get a traditional look using 1.28 gallons would be to use a water saving Eco Tank

Toto has been making available many of their traditional styles with the E tank.