Boy dies in Septic tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate R

Reaction score
DA: W. Pa. boy could have moved septic tank lid
The Associated Press

September 15, 2009, 8:56 AM / 0 comments

A district attorney says a 4-year-old boy could have moved the lid off a western Pennsylvania septic tank where he was found dead earlier this month.

Beaver County District Attorney Anthony Berosh says the tank's lid was a 14-pound sheet of corrugated metal, not a heavy, dense manhole cover as previously described by state police.

Autopsy results on the boy, Wyatt Smitsky, are pending further tests. The boy was found dead in the septic tank on Sept. 5 on property near his home in Greene Township, about 25 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.

Berosh says authorities still aren't sure if the boy's death was a homicide, the result of negligence or an accident.

The boy was playing with two young sisters when he went missing, prompting an 18-hour search by hundreds of volunteers.

Smith333

Reaction score
OK. I suppose I am just a septic sceptic.

If people want to keep poop in their back yard, then it's up to them.

You should move to Milwaukee, where they've spent over $2 billion on their sewer system the past 2 decades and STILL dump billions of gallons of raw sewage into Lake Michigan every time we get an inch of rain. Not to mention that's also their source of drinking water. I think I'll keep my septic out here in the burbs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks