(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boy dies in Septic tank

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Markie,

I should had banned you when I had the chance. You are insulting and do personal attacks against forum rules. I don't know why you get away with it.

I posted only the obvious in regards to your post about Ian.

If you don't like it, then stop being a jerk.
    For real?? His post wasn't a personal attack in this thread, if it was some people are a little too sensitive to hear other peoples opinions. Generalizations were made but not to any specific person and we all make generalizations to some groups (hacks, DIY's, and idiots alike).

I take Mark's posts as blunt and to the point but rarely intentionally offensive, there's a few others here who have resorted to thinly veiled insults and don't seem to generate the same amount of interest as Mark.

I'm a member of another forum where insults are highly prized, trust me, nothing here I've seen comes close to a personal attack.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

In my opinion yes, I am entitiled to my opinion just as much as you, Mark, and others are. Yes, in my opinion it is against forum rules.
    I never put value on injuring another person, just like if your kid was injured or ridiculed, or harrassed you would want someone being rewarded for doing so.

Just put yourself in someone's shoes. That is why their are rules for people who can't use reason and common sense.

Now don't go attacking me, go back to the discussion at hand, either the death of the little boy in the septic tank or why we need and have to need septics.

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

This is Terry's forum and he is the one who should voice this, it is his rules.
    Ah, so maybe you might almost possibly think Terry might not be actually be peforming his circumstantial duties here, eh?!

Point: Nobody here ever has any legitimate reason for talking about anyone else unless an individual begins a thread with his or her own name and personality as the subject!

And now back to reality ...

Quote Originally Posted by leejosepho View Post
    Ah, so maybe you might almost possibly think Terry might not be actually be peforming his circumstantial duties here, eh?!

Point: Nobody here ever has any legitimate reason for talking about anyone else unless an individual begins a thread with his or her own name and personality as the subject!

And now back to reality ...
    I don't know how you read that into it.

I never put value on injuring another person, just like if your kid was injured or ridiculed, or harrassed you would want someone being rewarded for doing so.

Just put yourself in someone's shoes. That is why their are rules for people who can't use reason and common sense.

Now don't go attacking me, go back to the discussion at hand, either the death of the little boy in the septic tank or why we need and have to need septics.

This thread was way off from the kid in the septic tank along time ago. You have apparently taken Mark's post, above all others, as a personal attack and I don't see it. Yes that's obviously my opinion.

Going with that opinion, I didn't see any RULES broken. Additionally I never saw the posts as calous to the fact that a kid died - He repeatedly stated that it was a sad event.

No one was attacking you Cookie, just stating opinions.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaOrange View Post
    For real?? His post wasn't a personal attack in this thread, if it was some people are a little too sensitive to hear other peoples opinions. Generalizations were made but not to any specific person and we all make generalizations to some groups (hacks, DIY's, and idiots alike).

I take Mark's posts as blunt and to the point but rarely intentionally offensive, there's a few others here who have resorted to thinly veiled insults and don't seem to generate the same amount of interest as Mark.

I'm a member of another forum where insults are highly prized, trust me, nothing here I've seen comes close to a personal attack.

I have seen and read the other sites, and I have seen other mods and admin, telling people again, their forum rules for less. They don't seem to put up with as much, they nip breaking the rules in the bud pretty quick.

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar

Where was Lassie when we needed him? Maybe he only did wells, and had the good sense to stay away from septic systems. I'm betting on homicide, though, at this point.

As for septic systems vs municipal systems, 46&2 was right on target. A well designed, installed, and maintained septic system is arguably more desirable than a municipal system, but IMHO the developer/builder conspiracy is pressuring local municipalities to allow septic systems where they really shouldn't be installed. And homeowners are generally clueless, and ignore the "well-maintained" part until there's a problem. Same for private wells; I'll put my well water (after treatment) up against any bottled water on the market, but I can't just turn on the faucet without maintaining the system properly.

As for forum protocol, it appears to be the nature of forums like this that minor disagreements escalate into major confrontations; it's regrettable, but very common. I believe any and all personal attacks and/or allegations, or anything that might remotely be considered offensive or punitive, or remarks for or against a poster's personal viewpoint should be taken off line, so that's what I'll do.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 46&2 View Post
    There is absolutely....
    Matt
    Tool fan?
    I've got them all.
    Matt

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

This thread needs more cowbell.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Extreme DIY Homeowner Scuba_Dave's Avatar

DIY Handyman (not 4 hire)
    I have enough to do to my own house

I LOVE Walken, what a great guy!
    I love him flying!!!
    THAT is one sexy man don't you guys agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgCvn...eature=related

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking dunbar...whats cowbell????

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Plumbing View Post
    This thread needs more cowbell.
    dunbar....
    are you saying something offensive about cows here???

their are people here that are lactose intolerant you know.... you could be hurting their feelings

what EXACTLY ar you implieing here fella.......

this is all..... complete total nonsense to me....

all I did was say that this thread went brain dead...

which was really no personal attack on anyone..

I must need some sensitivity training...
    I got a good solid background
    in psycology, but that apparently is not enough...

got back from my 40 gallon gas....

ooooppps now damn someone wants a 50 for $1000

I just cant pass it up.....

watch your ppppsss and qqqqqqqqss Dunbar

I am watching you. .

How can you seriously not think you did not insult anyone on your posts? What about Ian? How were these not directed to him? How can you deny it. Remember what you did to me, with the "HUMANITY" bit? Over and over and over? Now, the sensitivity bit... what is remarkable is the fact you seemingly,get away with it. Well, I don't like Bullies Mark.

How can you seriously not think you did not insult anyone on your posts? What about Ian? How were these not directed to him? How can you deny it. Remember what you did to me, with the "HUMANITY" bit? Over and over and over? Now, the sensitivity bit... what is remarkable is the fact you seemingly,get away with it. Well, I don't like Bullies Mark.
    Ian was the one who brought up having kids as "anchor babies".
    Matt

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

I don't know how you read that into it.
    Yes, and in apology: I later realized you likely meant something other than what I had heard.