corian shower floor

Users who are viewing this thread

gildedgrit

Reaction score
I am about to have a shower redone in corian. I have been told to use the original tile for the floor. Can I use corian? Or is there a better solution?
Thank you

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you're asking. A shower pan (the floor) needs to be sloped to the drain, and needs a lip so Corian walls could be applied to make the whole thing waterproof. A typical tiled shower has a liner that goes at least a few inches above the top of the curb. Anything less, and you are at risk for failure.

If you have a Corian pan, I'd be surprised if it could accept tile.

For shower construction help, you may want to check out www.johnbridge.com.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
corian

Corian is too rigid to be bent to make a one piece sloping floor. It is usually too narrow to make a one piece floor also.Cultured marble will deform to make a depressed shower base, but not Corian.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks