Is this vent above the toilet legal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles2000

Reaction score
The boonies between Mt Ranier and Mt St Helens
Hi all,

Would this venting arrangement be proper? I'm still in design mode here.

View attachment toilet.bmp

Although not drawn -- further down, this 3" vertical stack will go through a vertical 3"-4" bushing and a 4" SanY with cleanout and then through two upright 45* bends to transition to the main 4" horizontal DWV at the end of its run. This is the terminal stack.

I'm concerned that it violates the plumbing dictum, "..vent toilets downstream."

If needed, I can bring a 2" shower drain line (already vented) to join the stack ~above~ the toilet's SanY to wash the line.

Thanks for your attention,
Charles

Charles2000

Reaction score
The boonies between Mt Ranier and Mt St Helens
Thanks!

Thanks HJ,

I just can't tell you how reassuring a simple nod of the head like that can be. I got mysef worked up into a tiz' on this darn piece. I think I'm learning how to see things by rearranging them as you described too.

Thanks again,
Charles

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks