What do you expect from a drain company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Unclognh

Reaction score
This question is for all you home owners.
We give free advice to all your questions here is your chance to pay it back
By helping us help you with what you would expect.
Please let's not talk price because every company charges what they need to stay in business and pay their employees.
Business owners or techs please post questions for home owners to answer.

Do you look at how your tech on site is dressed?
Do you look to see if equipment is new and clean?
When looking in the phone book do you look for the biggest ad?

This exchange of info may not just benefit me but your business or you the home owner:)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
equipment

What company is going to have NEW and clean equipment if they have been in business for more than a few weeks? You should ask what we expect from the customer. All I want them to do is tell me where they are having the problem. I will determine how to cure it myself without any input from them. Once they tell me that they can go back to watching television or anything else until I am done. My sewer snake is 35 years old so it is neither NEW or perfectly CLEAN. I do not use uniforms, not do I have a large ad in the phone book.

Last edited:

Macman

Reaction score
It's not clean work. I don't expect that clothes and equipment are going to look brand new. But I do expect the tech to use reasonable care in not doing dirt damage to carpet, etc. If he ended up an absolute mess at his last job he should probably have a spare uniform or work clothes handy to change into in an emergency. But like I said, a guy's going to get dirty in the normal course of his work and anyone should expect that.

Regarding phone book ads, I live in a small city of 45,000. It's seldom that I have a need for a service that I don't know who does it, and who has a good reputation. I'll always ask around before calling someone. Having said all of that, I suppose it's natural to be attracted to the bigger ads, if all else is equal and I don't know anything about any of the advertisers.

Cookie

Reaction score
This question is for all you home owners.
We give free advice to all your questions here is your chance to pay it back
By helping us help you with what you would expect.
Please let's not talk price because every company charges what they need to stay in business and pay their employees.
Business owners or techs please post questions for home owners to answer.

Do you look at how your tech on site is dressed?
Do you look to see if equipment is new and clean?
When looking in the phone book do you look for the biggest ad?

This exchange of info may not just benefit me but your business or you the home owner:)

How about from a HO'ers point of view?

If interested in knowing that point of view, this is mine.
I don't look at how a tech is dressed, to be honest, most HO'ers I do think, won't really care either. Unless, they are single and " looking" anyways but, most people looking to have a service provided could care less how that person is dressed.

As a HO'er I would notice if the person was just normal. By normal, I mean, not aggressive, or rude. If I ask a question, I appreciate answers and even more so, being answered as they would want to be answered themselves.

I wouldn't be checking out your equipment, so I wouldn't care if it was dirty or old. I would appreciate the techs not dragging mud through my house, but I don't expect the tools to shine either.

I don't want the techs to wear those booties because I know those things are slippery and I don't want anyone to get hurt in my house. I am a horrible nurse and I can't be relied on to save your life, I suck at it. So, please no booties. Please wear your shoes, as I do mine, too.

As a HO'er I only expect the same things you as a HO'er would, too. All anyone ever needs to do, is to put theirself in the others' shoes.

When I look for a tech, I got to be honest, I don't use the yellow pages as a rule, I ask people I know. Word of mouth. I ask neighbors.

I hope this helps in some small way. And, by the way, most of the service people who come to my house are usually quite nice and I usually never have a problem.

Last edited:

Unclognh

Reaction score
What company is going to have NEW and clean equipment if they have been in business for more than a few weeks? You should ask what we expect from the customer. All I want them to do is tell me where they are having the problem. I will determine how to cure it myself without any input from them. Once they tell me that they can go back to watching television or anything else until I am done. My sewer snake is 35 years old so it is neither NEW or perfectly CLEAN. I do not use uniforms, not do I have a large ad in the phone book.

should ask what we expect from the customer??
I Know what to expect from customers . I never had the chance to ask what the customer
would like to see with price not being the issue.

Unclognh

Reaction score
How about from a HO'ers point of view?

If interested in knowing that point of view, this is mine.
I don't look at how a tech is dressed, to be honest, most HO'ers I do think, won't really care either. Unless, they are single and " looking" anyways but, most people looking to have a service provided could care less how that person is dressed.

As a HO'er I would notice if the person was just normal. By normal, I mean, not aggressive, or rude. If I ask a question, I appreciate answers and even more so, being answered as they would want to be answered themselves.

I wouldn't be checking out your equipment, so I wouldn't care if it was dirty or old. I would appreciate the techs not dragging mud through my house, but I don't expect the tools to shine either.

I don't want the techs to wear those booties because I know those things are slippery and I don't want anyone to get hurt in my house. I am a horrible nurse and I can't be relied on to save your life, I suck at it. So, please no booties. Please wear your shoes, as I do mine, too.

As a HO'er I only expect the same things you as a HO'er would, too. All anyone ever needs to do, is to put theirself in the others' shoes.

When I look for a tech, I got to be honest, I don't use the yellow pages as a rule, I ask people I know. Word of mouth. I ask neighbors.

I hope this helps in some small way. And, by the way, most of the service people who come to my house are usually quite nice and I usually never have a problem.

Thank you for your input :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks