Nibco Dura Pex questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Mudball

Reaction score
I have a plumber that I believe I want to use for my upcoming job. First I have some questions. I noticed he said he likes Nibco Dura Pex that he had in the back of his truck so I looked up theyre website and my question is what connections and fittings should I ask him to use ? Nibco has copper or stainless crimp rings ?? Also for fittings they have brass, cast, and wrot.....?
If any of these are clearly better than the other and the cost difference is not that great then I would like to know so I can ask for them for use on the job.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Nibco dura pex

I would be leerey of it... Their is a lot of older dura pex out in the market and their are a bunch of lawsuits on the stuff down in the south carolina...

wether they made the product better or not I would still be wary...

somewhere on this site their is a thread with people crying the blues about Nibco dura pex

if you must use pex use the
Wirsbo pex with the expander fittings...
that is the best on the market

Mudball

Reaction score
Thanks master plumber mark. Thats the kind of information I need. I will certainly make a note of it and ask him about it.

Mudball

Reaction score
Well Ive done some more reading. I found that Wirsbo is now called Uponor and from what I have read so far they have what looks to be the best and longest track record in the industry for pex. I have yet to run this by a plumber yet to see what response I get. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks