Pfister/Price 1970

Users who are viewing this thread

Kbrnak

Reaction score
We are very new DIY people. I have background in helping my dad but that is about it. Our water wouldn't shut off last night in our shower. I still need to look for an access panel but shut off the main line for now. I called my dad and he told me I needed to replace the brass piece. Got the handles off and plate off and can not figure out how to get the brass valve out.

I have used two wrenches and am waiting for some more strength to get home and maybe that will help.

I thought the nut that is closest to the pipe would turn but no luck as the pipe turns with it and it almost looks attached to the pipe. I used lime away and CLR to loosen last night. Have no idea what the white plastic piece is.

I need to get the brass piece out and can't loosen a thing!

I tried to attach a picture but couldn't get my camera to work.

Any suggestions?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Your descriptions are too vague. We are well familiar with PP, including a those from that era. Please find someone with a camera before you go taking large wrenches to something! This is the worst time to do this. If you screw it up, you could be without water for 2 more days, or you will pay a Plumber $250 an hour holiday rates to come out! PP showers are usually quite fixable, but I would not take anything apart on the Sunday before labor day, because you will have no access to replacement parts, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kbrnak

Reaction score
Fixed

Thanks for the words of warning but just needed a little more muscle and it is fixed! I actually have a good idea of what I can and can not do from working with my dad, so we were safe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks